380. Ridgeway IPA

380. Ridgeway IPA



I got these a few nights ago at Downtown Wine & Spirits. I let this warm slightly and served it in my NERAX pint glass. Ridgeway IPA is an English IPA. BJCP Style Guide.

Appearance (4.0): Pours a copper color with good clarity. A half-inch white head tops the beer briefly before it thins to a patchy layer and then disappears completely.

Smell (3.5): Nice malt aroma, with sweet fruits and a light resiny hop aroma. I expected more hops.

Taste (3.0): Sweet fruitiness greets the palate upfront, followed by a toasty maltiness, and a moderate hop bitterness in the finish. I think this beer is really lacking in hop character to balance the sweetness.

Mouthfeel (3.5): Moderate carbonation, light-bodied and slightly thin.

Drinkability (4.0): Easy drinking with pleasant flavors.

Overall (3.45): There are some nice flavors in this beer, but in the end it's too sweet for an IPA.

Labels: , ,