366. Ridgeway Bitter

366. Ridgeway Bitter



I was in the mood for a milder beer so I picked up a bottle of Ridgeway Bitter at Downtown Wine & Spirits last night. I let this warm up a bit and served it in my NERAX pint glass. This is an English Bitter. BJCP Style Guide.

Appearance (3.5): Pours a clear copper with excellent clarity. It has a foamy white head that thins to a patchy layer and eventually disappears.

Smell (4.5): Sweet fruity aroma with notes of malt and hops.

Taste (4.0): An initial sweetness fades into toasty malt flavors. This finish is tart and fruity with moderate bitterness.

Mouthfeel (3.5): Moderate carbonation, smooth and light-bodied with a light dryness in the finish.

Drinkability (4.0): Really easy to drink. The flavors are good but not overpowering and the alcohol content is low.

Overall (3.95): This is just what I was wanting tonight, a flavorful beer that's not overpowering and not high in alcohol.

Labels: , ,