356. Trappist Westvleteren Blonde

356. Trappist Westvleteren Blonde



As mentioned in my previous post I ordered a bottle of Trappist Westvleteren Blonde, a bottle of Trappist Westvleteren 8 and a Westvleteren chalice from Belgian Shop. I let this chill briefly and served in my new Westvleteren chalice. Westvleteren Blonde is a Belgian Pale Ale. BJCP Style Guide.

Appearance (4.5): Pours a cloudy golden-straw color with a foamy white head that fades to a persistent thin layer. Lace clings to the glass relentlessly.

Smell (4.0): Notes of peppery spice, sweet fruitiness, light earthy yeast and maltiness.

Taste (4.0): Lightly sweet and fruity notes appear up front. These fade into drier toasty malts in the center. Finished with a tart spiciness and warmth, with a pronounced but balanced firm bitterness.

Mouthfeel (4.5): Mildly carbonated, smooth, medium bodied with a dry finish.

Drinkability (5.0): Probably one of the most drinkable beers that I've had. It's refreshing and crisp with flavors that don't overpower.

Overall (4.25): If this beer wasn't so hard to get I could see myself drinking it fairly regularly.

Labels: , , ,