353. L' Amour Du Jour

353. L' Amour Du Jour

I had this on tap at Cabridge Brewing Company on Saturday. The chalkboard behind the bar described this as "Biere Artisanal", and listed the alcohol content as 4.85%. It was served in a glass most similar to a wine glass. L' Amour Du Jour is a Belgian Pale Ale. BJCP Style Guide.

Appearance (3.5): Poured a hazy golden with a very thin head.

Smell (4.0): Very earthy, herbal and spicy. I caught a peppery spiciness, a honey sweetness, and an herbal aroma that I couldn't place. David suggested this was rosemary.

Taste (4.0): Predominantly herbal and peppery up front. The finish is grainy with a tartness that might have been citrusy (David insists it wasn't citrus).

Mouthfeel (3.5): Moderate to high carbonation comes in fairly late. Light-bodied with a slight oiliness.

Drinkability (4.0): The herbal flavors and peppery spice might be too much for some, but I found this beer to be tasty and refreshing.

Overall (3.85): A pretty good beer. The herbal flavors threw me a bit. I'd like to know what, if anything, the beer was spiced with.

Labels: , ,