897. Newport Storm Regenschauer Oktoberfest

897. Newport Storm Regenschauer Oktoberfest



I bought a 6-pack of this at Downtown Wine & Spirits in early October. Jadyn wanted something "autumny" so I thought an Oktoberfest would be a good choice. I chose this one because I always seem to pass over this brewery. I served it in my Cambridge Brewing Company pint glass.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: Coastal Extreme Brewing Co.
Alcohol: 5.30%
Serving: Bottle, 12 oz.
Style: Märzen / Oktoberfest, BJCP Style Guide

Appearance: 3.5 | Smell: 3.5 | Taste: 4.0 | Mouthfeel: 4.0 | Drinkability: 4.0

Overall:
3.8

Pours a clear, light copper. Topped by a sudsy off-white head that fades to a film leaving patchy lace. Caramel in the aroma with some toasty malts and apricot fruitiness.

Toasty, bready malts upfront, with caramel sweetness that runs through the center. The finish is a tad citric with a light hop bitterness. High carbonation, medium-bodied.

A tasty and balanced Oktoberfest.

Labels: ,