868- 869. A Domestic and an Import

868. Sixpoint Bengali Tiger

Jadyn and I got drinks at Christopher's in September. You don't often see Sixpoint on tap in Boston so I seized the opportunity.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: Sixpoint Craft Ales
Alcohol: 6.50%
Serving: Tap
Style: American IPA, BJCP Style Guide

I didn't take notes, so I don't remember much about this beer, but I remember enjoying it. It was hoppy with a good bit of spice. Edit: I found the notes on my iPhone!

Appearance: 4.0 | Smell: 3.5 | Taste: 4.0 | Mouthfeel: 4.0 | Drinkability: 4.0

Overall: 3.9

P ours a cloudy orange copper. Topped by a thin head that fades to a film. Resiny and citric hop aroma with a bit of spice.

Toasty and caramel malts upfront. Moves through a lightly sweet center to an earthy and citric hop finish with a nice spiciness. Hop bitterness is present but surprisingly mild. Tingly carbonation, medium bodied with a bit of oiliness.

Balanced and not too bitter but very tasty.


869. Spaten Münchner Hell

I had a bottle of this after I gave the Koch Institute Focus talk at beer hour on a Friday in September.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu
Alcohol: 5.20%
Serving: Bottle, 12 oz.
Style: Munich Helles Lager, BJCP Style Guide

I don't remember much either. It was crisp and refreshingly drinkable.

Labels: ,