861. John Harvard's Toasted Brown Ale

861. John Harvard's Toasted Brown Ale



I spent way too much time waiting in line for an iPhone (I'm a consumer whore!) on Thursday July 17th. After finishing up some lab work, Jadyn and I went to John Harvard's to have some beer. I decided on the Toasted Brown Ale, which sounded nice. Now that I have a decent camera on my phone I'm hoping the number of photos for the blog will increase.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: John Harvard's Brew House
Alcohol: ?
Serving: Tap
Style: American Brown Ale, BJCP Style Guide

Appearance: 4.0 | Smell: 4.0 | Taste: 3.5 | Mouthfeel: 4.0 | Drinkability: 4.0

Overall: 3.8


Pours a clear, dark brown with ruby tints. Topped by a thick, fluffy, light-brown head that fades to a continuous film leaving nice lace. Toasty, bready, roasty and chocolate note make up much of the aroma.

Toasted malts upfront, bready with a hint of sweetness. Caramel and chocolate in the center with a hint of fruit. The finish is a lightly bitter, roasty character. Light-bodied, moderately carbonated with a smooth finish.

This was tasty and well balanced, definitely a good session beer.

Labels: