850. Dales Pale Ale

850. Dale's Pale Ale

I've been hearing about Dale's Pale Ale and other beers from Oskar Blues for awhile now. It's one of the first canned craft beers that I heard about, and it seemed to be getting much of the press for a resurgence in canned beers over the last two years. I'd been intending to pick it up for awhile now, but for some reason never have. However, Ward recently tweeted about some Oskar Blues beers, and seemed to like them. Ward tends to have pretty good taste when it comes to beer so I think that this is what made me decide to pick up a six-pack for dinner at some friends' apartment.

I haven't taken proper notes on the beer, but I've picked up another six-pack, and I'm four-beers through that. It's definitely a good beer to have in the fridge, and I'll probably be picking up some more beers from Oskar Blues.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: Oskar Blues Grill & Brewery
Alcohol: 6.50%
Serving: Can, 12 oz.
Style: American Pale Ale, BJCP Style Guide

Pours a heavily-hazed copper color. Topped by a small, sudsy, off-white head that retains fairly well, but eventually, fades to a wispy film. The aromas are very strong piney and fruity hops with a bit of toasty maltiness. The flavors are much the same. There's a nice bready, toasty, caramely malt backbone that stands up to - but doesn't overwhelm - the strong hops. The finish has a nice assertive, lasting, hop bitterness. Highly carbonated and a tad oily, which gives the beer a fuller feeling than other pale ales. This is a fantastic APA.

Labels: