862. Drie Fonteinen Doesjel

862. Drie Fonteinen Doesjel



I noticed a bottle of Lambic from Drie Fonteinen that I hadn't seen before at the liquor store in Porter Square, so naturally I had to pick up a bottle. I served this in one of my New Belgium globe glasses.

Beer Stats:

Brewery: Brouwerij Drie Fonteinen
Alcohol: 6.00%
Serving: Bottle
Style: Gueuze, BJCP Style Guide

Appearance: 4.0 | Smell: 4.0 | Taste: 3.5 | Mouthfeel: 3.5 | Drinkability: 4.0

Overall: 3.75


Pours a hazed orange-copper. There are a few stray bubbles present after the pour, but they quickly disappear. The aroma is strongly acidic. There are bright citric aromas present, a nice woodiness and a bit of lambic funkiness that appears on the swirl.

This beer is smooth overall. The acidity is mild, leading to a subdued but persistent tartness throughout. There are citric notes, some grassy bitterness and woody tannins in the finish. Low carbonation, light-bodied and lightly dry.

This was an enjoyable beer, but it lacked some of my favorite qualities in a Gueuze, bright flavors and vigorous carbonation.

Labels: , ,