493. John Harvard's Bière Du Père

493. John Harvard's Bière Du Père

I went to John Harvard's with my aunt tonight. I had about five or six of these over the course of around three hours.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: John Harvard's Brew House
Alcohol: 4.80% (I think this was what was listed)
Serving: Tap
Style: Witbier, BJCP Style Guide

Appearance (4.0): Pours a hazy golden with a fluffy, white head that quickly dissipates leaving sparse lace.

Smell (4.0): Fruity and spicy. The peppery and coriander aromas are quite high.

Taste (4.0): Fruity and spicy. I caught notes of bananas, pears and tart apple, as well as a strong peppery spiciness and a nice yeasty flavor. There's also a nice grainy and citric undercurrent.

Mouthfeel (4.0): Medium-bodied, with tingly carbonation.

Drinkability (4.0): Very drinkable. I easily had at least five.

Overall (4.0): A solid witbier. One I'd definitely have again.

Labels: , ,