390. Ayinger Bräu Weisse

390. Ayinger Bräu Weisse



I purchased this tonight at Downtown Wine & Spirits along with a few other bottles. I'd already made a trip to a liquor store for beer this week. However, after working in lab for 17 hours yesterday, sleeping on the couch in my advisor's office and getting up early today I figured it was worth it. I chilled this in the fridge and served it in my UFO Weizen glass.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: Privatbrauerei Franz Inselkammer KG / Brauerei Aying
Alcohol: 5.10%
Serving: 500 mL
Style: Hefe Weizen, BJCP Style Guide

Appearance (4.0): Pours a cloudy golden with a thick creamy white head that collapses to a thin quarter-inch layer.

Smell (4.0): Very yeasty with notes of bubble-gum, banana, clove and citrus. There are also grainy and spicy aromas.

Taste (3.5): Sweet upfront, with spicy cloves in the center and a citric and grainy finish.

Mouthfeel (3.5): Light-bodied, moderate carbonation with a crisp finish.

Drinkability (4.0): Very refreshing, especially given the current weather.

Overall (3.75): This is a good beer, but not my favorite Hefe.

Labels: , ,