386.Victory Prima Pils

386. Victory Prima Pils



I purchased a six-pack of this last night at Downtown Wine & Spirits. I let it cool down in the fridge and served it in my NERAX pint glass.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: Victory Brewing Company
Alcohol: 5.30%
Serving: 12 oz.
Style: German Pilsener, BJCP Style Guide

Appearance (4.0): Pours a crystal clear golden with a fluffy white headthat thins to a persistent layer leaving patchy lace.

Smell (3.5): Aromas of resiny hops and slightly sweet grainy malts.

Taste (3.5): Sweet toasty malt flavors followed by a nice strong balancing bitterness.

Mouthfeel (4.0): Mild carbonation, smooth and light bodied.

Drinkability (4.5): Flavorful, balanced and pleasingly bitter.

Overall (3.75): I'm not a huge fan of the style, but Prima Pils has a nice balancing bitterness that I like.

Labels: , ,