604. Half Wit

604. Half Wit

I haven't updated since Monday because I've been busy working on talk that I gave Wednesday and on lab meeting, which I gave today.

Bennett was in town visiting a friend, so after I finished up in lab tonight we met up and headed to the Cambridge Brewing Company. We waited a half-hour for a table, but had a round to pass the time Bennett and I had the Cambridge River Porter, and Beth had a Regatta Golden.

We had another round with dinner. Bennett had a Big Man Ale and Beth and I each had a Half Wit. I had a burger with cheddar and fries with mayo. Bennett and Beth split a pizza and a burger. The beer was served cool in a flared pils glass.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: Cambridge Brewing Company
Alcohol: 4.70%
Serving: Tap
Style: Witbier, BJCP Style Guide

Appearance (3.5): Pours a very hazy straw color with wisps of bubbles but no head.

Smell (4.0): The aroma is dominated by very strong peppery coriander. There are also some tart citric aromas with ginger undertones. There's also a light yeasty and grainy aroma.

Taste (4.0): Grainy maltiness upfront, with a citric tartness in the center that becomes pleasingly strong The finish is a strong peppery coriander spiciness with a light touch of grain.

Mouthfeel (4.0): Light-bodied with moderate carbonation.

Drinkability (4.0): Tasty, light and refreshing.

Overall (3.9): A solid witbier, spiced very nicely.

Labels: ,