443. John Harvard's West Side Wheat

443. John Harvard's West Side Wheat

I had dinner at John Harvard's tonight. They had West Side Wheat on tap, which I hadn't had before, so I gave it a try. It was served in a standard pint glass. I had a photo from my camera phone, but it was pretty blurry so I won't post it.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: John Harvard's Brew House
Alcohol: ?
Serving: Draft, 16 oz.
Style: American Pale Wheat Ale, BJCP Style Guide

Appearance (4.0): Pours a very cloudy pale straw color. It's topped by a thin sudsy white head that clings to the side of the glass.

Smell (3.5): Light citrus, grain, and floral hops.

Taste (3.5): Bready, powdery yeast, with a light tartness in the center. The finish is grainy with a nice hop bitterness.

Mouthfeel (4.0): Light-bodied, tingly carbonation, with a lightly dry finish.

Drinkability (4.5): Light and refreshing with a pleasant hop bitterness.

Overall (3.75): American Pale Wheat Ales aren't one of my favorite styles, but this one was good with a nice hop bitterness in the finish.

Labels: , ,