759. Lakefront Organic ESB

759. Lakefront Organic ESB

I was looking for an ESB to drink while Matt and I homebrewed. There weren't a huge number of options so I went for what I could find. I'm also trying out a new format for review entries, let me know what you think.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: Lakefront Brewery
Alcohol: 5.42%
Serving: Bottle, 12 oz.
Style: Extra Special/Strong Bitter (ESB), BJCP Style Guide

Appearance: 3.5 | Smell: 3.0 | Taste: 2.5 | Mouthfeel: 3.0 | Drinkability: 3.5

Overall: 2.95

Lakefront's Organic ESB pours a clear amber copper, and is topped by a smooth, beige head that persists as a film. The aroma is clean overall. There's a bit of breadiness and some sweeter malts, but the hoppiness is subdued to just a hint of resin. The taste was disappointing: biscuity malts, moderate sweetness throughout, and light, herbal, resiny bitterness. This beer is light-bodied, with high carbonation and a thin feel on the palate. It's pretty easy to drink, but that's because it's lacking in bitterness. Overall pretty bland and disappointing.

Labels: ,