753. Brother David's Double

753. Brother David's Double

I went to California for a few days after submitting my paper. Jadyn and I went to Monterey with her sister, nephews and mom. I picked this up at Bottles N' Bins, and had it at the motel.

Beer Stats:
Brewery: Anderson Valley Brewing Company
Alcohol: 9.00%
Serving: Bottle, 22 oz.
Style: Dubbel, BJCP Style Guide

Appearance (3.5): Pours a lightly, hazy brown with a beige head that thins to a ring.

Smell (3.0): Light maltiness, candi sugar, dark fruit, alcoholic spice.

Taste (2.5): Sweet, caramel malts, candi sugar. Incredibly spicy alcohol in the finish with a light bitterness.

Mouthfeel (3.0): Medium-bodied, moderate carbonation.

Drinkability (2.0): Way too spicy.

Overall (2.8): I was not a fan, the flavors were average and the spiciness was overwhelming.

Labels: ,